Welcome to James Stroud's home page.
I am currently living in Albuquerque, working as a Research Assistant Professor at UNM. My research focuses mainly on understanding structure-function relationships of amyloid forming proteins. I spent my graduate school years at the University of Colorado in Boulder where I studied proteins related to immunity, language, and water regulation. My technical expertise is in the field of x-ray crystallography, to which I apply my knowledge of protein chemistry and scientific computation.
I hail from Texas, was educated at UT, and am a lifelong Longhorn fan. Hook'em.
You can send me an email with this form.
The most recent postings follow. Click here to browse both old and recent postings.
- Announcing the @amyloids twitter feed.
- Site Upgrade '11
- After two years, I've upgraded my web site.
- Concept2 versus WaterRower
- A comparison of the Concept2 D and WaterRower rowing machines.
- New Site Goes Live '09
- 1/27/09: Today my brand new website goes live as my personal home page.
- Site Upgrade '09
- 1/22/09: I have upgraded the website software on my experimental pages. Soon my official website will don a new look and bountiful content.