Welcome to James Stroud's home page.
I am currently living in Albuquerque, wrapping up my postdoctoral research done at UCLA. My current research focuses mainly on the Alzheimer's disease related protein called A-beta. I spent my graduate school years at the University of Colorado in Boulder where I studied proteins related to immunity, language, and water regulation. My technical expertise is in the field of x-ray crystallography, to which I apply my knowledge of protein chemistry and scientific computation.
To entertain myself, I study chess tactics and dabble in the unique dominoes game known as Texas 42. I have spent much of my life engaged in athletic pursuits that include soccer, kung fu, and hockey. A lifetime of these high-impact activities has left my joints a little tender so I now direct my athletic energy to rowing on my Concept2 rower.
I hail from Texas, was educated at UT, and am a lifelong Longhorn fan. Hook'em.
You can send me an email with this form.
The most recent postings follow. Click here to browse both old and recent postings.
- Announcing the @amyloids twitter feed.
- Site Upgrade '11
- After two years, I've upgraded my web site.
- Concept2 versus WaterRower
- A comparison of the Concept2 D and WaterRower rowing machines.
- New Site Goes Live '09
- 1/27/09: Today my brand new website goes live as my personal home page.
- Site Upgrade '09
- 1/22/09: I have upgraded the website software on my experimental pages. Soon my official website will don a new look and bountiful content.